Production Of Hemp-based Products
Another pivotal part of NHCO’s activities is the production of hemp-based products. We are dedicated to exploring the full commercial potential of hemp by introducing a wide range of products. Here is our proposed product portfolio:
- Food: We intend to bring to the market a diverse array of food products for daily use including hemp protein powder, hemp protein bars, cold pressed hemp oil, hemp flour, and hemp chocolates.
- Fabric: Our product portfolio of fabric includes hemp garments, hemp yarn, raw fiber, and other hemp-based accessories.
- Plastic: NHCO aims to offer hemp as a healthy and biodegradable alternative for plastic by introducing hemp carry bags, hemp plastic materials, hemp bottles, and hemp fiberglass.
- Other by-products: In addition to our main product portfolio, we also intend to explore the possibilities hemp for making a number of by-products. Currently, our focus is on making cosmetics and other beauty products using the oil extracted from hemp seeds and generating biogas from the hemp waste.
- Raw material: Besides these products and by-products, NHCO also plans to import raw materials extracted from industrial hemp. Manufacturing companies and industries all over the world can use such raw materials to make a number of products, including hempcrete and other construction materials.
Creating Awareness About Hemp
Despite its manifold uses and benefits, hemp still remains one of the most underused and misjudged agricultural resources, primarily because it shares the same botanical family as marijuana. At NHCO, we not only cultivate industrial hemp or make hemp-based products but also take the ethical responsibility for creating awareness among people about the benefits of hemp. Our awareness activities will focus on farmers, consumers, and policymakers alike.
- Farmers: By educating farmers and introducing farming schemes that are beneficial to them, we intend to boost their confidence to take up hemp cultivation.
- Consumers: As for consumers, our primary focus is to help them offload the misgivings they have about hemp by making them aware of its nutritional and ecological benefits. To this effect, we intend to conduct social media campaigns, publish scientific articles on our blog, and kick-start an informed discussion among consumers through multiple platforms.
- Policymakers: By facilitating scientific research and strengthening the linkages between different stakeholders and policymakers, we strive to give industrial hemp more agricultural and commercial visibility.
Through these activities and systematic interventions, NHCO aims for a future where hemp products successfully make their way to our houses and markets.